Saturday, February 25, 2012

Latest in the Studio

In the middle of cleaning up my work space and organizing stuff,
which seems to be an ongoing process cause as soon as I do it,
the next pile mysteriously appears again...
I managed to make some new pieces.




The Lady of Shallot.

These came together rather quickly for a nice change.
I love to wrap up these mysterious little bundles and on the
cloth I write little messages...and then tie them up with wire,
wax them and burn them...I can’t wait to get to the burning part...
It’s like my own little secret ritual...sealing its fate,
sending it out into the Universe...whateva.







Sedona Series

Then these...which sold as soon as I listed them by sweet Pam.
 These are made with the beads that I have
just started making out of Polymer clay...I love doing this...
the textures you can come up with not to mention the exciting 
colors to paint them with...especially if you have an artist for a husband
who has a ton of supplies I can borrow...too bad he doesn’t have beads.






The Myth.



These came out of the fact that I HAD to buy these coyote teeth
that I found on Etsy.   I wanted Wolf teeth for obvious reasons but they are really
expensive...so coyote teeth had to do.  I remember in high school
all my brothers friends used to call him “coyote”...even on the phone
“is coyote home?”   so I thought of him while making this
Talisman piece...a real departure for me.  I tend to make up
little stories as I'm working...I invent characters, give them names,
and then make them little talismans or charms to take with them
on their journeys 
or to keep as tokens or remembrances.


on a less cheerier note...

Anywhozits....time to start thinking about doing taxes...oh man how
we enjoy this time of year around our house! With two self-employed
people living under one roof... stay far, far away. 



19 comments:

Juliette said...

LOVE your new pieces! Really beautiful, and I love how you explain what went into the designs.

Talented lady :)

Kath said...

"The Lady of Shallot"

The perfect name!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

It is fascinating and wonderful where your creativity is taking you, my dear....These are all Beautiful!

Lululiz said...

Very intriguing new pieces, love them.

Lela said...

WOW! I really love "the myth" earrings. Then you had to go and tell me they had coyote teeth on them. heh ;) I still love them! So very cool.

In fact, I love all the new stuff. No wonder it's selling so quickly.

Taxes: I feel your pain.

Lela said...

Me again.

And I'd love to watch the waxing and burning part. Sounds so cool!

Also cool is the fact you put little messages inside the earrings. I wonder how people resist ripping them apart to read the message.... ;)

nusquam said...

Those polymer clay beads are divine. I have been enjoying your "sedona series" of earrings.

oldgreymare said...

coyote teeth Hmmm? Now that I have not seen. Very innovative there girl! and pretty to boot <3
xx
z

stregata said...

Loving these wrapped earrings... so mysterious.

Chris said...

oooo loving the earrings! LOVE the way you put secret words in the first pair. And the last pair with the coyote teeth...very tribal. Way cool gal! And glad you have an artist husband with lots of cool this-and-thats. :-)

jeanette from everton terrace said...

Everything you are putting out right now is fantastic! You have sooo hit your stride. I LOVE IT!
Like seeing my old hometown Sedona mentioned :)

La Petite Gallery said...

These are most unusual.
Very original. Go Lady!!!
yvonne

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Maybe those coyote teeth can put the bite on your taxes, LOL!

Tribalis said...

Love all, specially Lady of Shallot! Sooo elegant!

quisnam said...

Hi Cynthia
Kate here. Just to let you know I’ve nominated you for an Awesome Blogger Award. Check out http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/about/ for more info. And, as I said in my blog, if you have the time and the inclination to follow the criteria for the Awesome Blogger Award that’s super but please don’t feel obliged and don’t feel in the least bit guilty if you don't wish to.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful earrings, love the wrapping

Anvil Artifacts said...

Hey Cynthia, Lovely work and great post! I see that both Kate and I have nominated you for the Versatile Bloggers Award! Woohoo!

Cobalt Violet said...

Wow! I am loving these!
So mystical and old world.
They look enchanted!

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

These are BEAUTIFUL Cynthia! I think my favorite is The Lady Of Shallot...I can picture Anne reciting this poem in the row boat as she was sinking! I LOVE the fact that you write on fabric and then wax and burn (in that order?) and seal it before wrapping it in wire. I think you've found your niche my girl...you're not only a talented UKE player but a bona fide artist. X

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails